Thursday, November 27, 2008

Books I Read 2

Just finished another book. This one was "The Princetta" by Anne-Laure Bondoux. It was thrilling. Pirates, fights, new worlds, run away princesses, dashing captains, love, loss, pain, forgiveness, secrets, and everything in between. I read, and read and read until it felt like my head would explode. Have you ever read a book and become so submersed that you see yourself as the main character? Or you give faces to unknown characters, but their faces are people you know? Voices change, morph to fit their looks. You can see the rise and fall of the ocean, here the distant cannons, feel the salty sea air as it dries your lips and whips your hair around. As the number of pages left began to shrink, I became nauseous and dizzy. My heart started to beat faster and I knew, this is it. Only a few pages left. Then it was done. I had reached the end of my book, and yet another story was closed on me. But I'm still reeling from the story. Even though it had a bittersweet ending, it was still amazing. I'm eager to find out more about this author and find more stunning tales of piracy and heroics.

No comments: