Wednesday, November 12, 2008

hmmm

I am obviously not very good at the whole "regular blogging thing." But sometimes it does feel good to just have somewhere to arrange my thoughts. Even if it makes no sense to everyone else, it makes sense to me. Yesterday I got the new Taylor Swift album and I adore it. Her style is so amazing and the fact the she wrote, almost single-handedly (is that a word?), whole album is rather impressive. But, she is a teenage girl and there are depressing love songs. One in particular caught my attention. The other night I was throwing a pity party and said "There is no Romeo for me. No Tom (longer story), no Edward (cringe) no Mr. Darcy for me." So then, a few days later I hear this song. "I'm not a princess, this aint a fairytale. I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell. This aint hollywood, this is a small town. I was a dreamer before you went and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around."

Doesn't that perfectly echo the sentiments of a melodramatic teenager? Logically, I know I will most likely end up married. Thats what my brain says. But my heart counter acts that with, well I don't want to just get married. I want a love story. And my brain responds with, well wait. God will bring you one when its time. But my oh-so impatiant heart says now. And it has me in the cross-fire of a brain-on-heart war. And frankly, I don't know what to do.

No comments: